This episode was published on 28 January 2021 and is approximately 55 minutes long. This episode made possible by Glow Your Soul and Anchor.fm.
In this episode of TAATE Presents we’re talking with Jason Teunissen, a Mendix MVP, designer, podcaster, former Mendix employee, New Zealanader, and now from the Netherlands!
From Jason’s profile on Linked In:
I love everything, this is my motivation, Im not pro at everything yet, and until than I don’t see a reason to stop. I love UX/UI design, and dabbling in code, making it easy to communicate with the rest of the team. I love experimenting with new techniques and tools, and pick things up quickly because of my broad knowledge.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Be passionate about what you do!
Check out Jason’s Podcast - Finding Inspiration
We cover a variety of topics from Mendix, to low code, design, UI, UX, AI, community, what it means to be human, and finding something you’re passionate about.
We’re sure you’ll love this conversation!
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Anchor.fm
Listen on Spotify
Show Notes & Selected Links
Jason provides a great introduction into where he started from and the journey in life, and to becoming a Mendix MVP.
“Making something overly complex is one of the easiest things to do in software design! ”—Jason Teunissen
10 Min: Atlas UI Framework
UX Planet has a primer on the differences between UI and UX?
The user experience has to meet expectations. Think about your car door!
- Solid Car Door
- Talking to your users will likely lead to a better outcome! (Shocker)
16 Minutes - how do you build a community when you can’t meet with anyone?
- Make use of the tools
- Be intentional about your desire to build
20 Minutes - How do you get feedback from users?
- Have to setup more formal interactions to get the attention of your users
- Hard to pull information out of end users
- Check out Miro
Need a tangent? Here’s information about getting a home loan in the Netherlands!
Managing and Understanding Contribution
26 Minutes - how do you help people contribute, without having to watch a clock?
- Find a way to allow your team, or employees, to work when they need to
- Enable work / life integration
- Dive deeper with our How We Work episode!
33 Minutes - Tools you love!
- A fresh set of eyes on projects
- Figma - where teams design together
- vsCode from Microsoft
- Chrome - check out Workona
- muzli Chrome Extension - Stay Inspired
37 Minutes - Turning towards the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Discussion
Started a podcast to learn more about design and creation
- Discovery Phase
- Iteration Phase
- Implementation Phase
- Many fields have the same process and phases for creation, what’s the inspiration for doing new things?
- Find the things which keep people going - what are their passions
43 Minutes - Great story about Trophy Fish and AI!
47 Minutes - What does it mean to be human?
Read more about the story of Three Stone Masons
Please remember to reach out, subscribe, and rate!
Disclaimer: Some of the links provided are affiliate links meaning, at no additional charge to you, The Architect and the Executive may earn a commission if you make a purchase.